Coaches Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to live up to the following Guilford Little League Coaches’ Code of Conduct:
1. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
2. I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
3. I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
4. I will promise to review and practice basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
5. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
6. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
7. I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
8. I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for all of the skills that I teach.
9. I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
© National Alliance For Youth Sports